ALL prerequisites must be completed (with a “C” or better) prior to matriculating into the MSPO Program. The minimum requirement for admission to the MSPO Program is a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (Information for international students) with coursework that includes the following prerequisites:
- Statistics (one lecture course)
- EITHER Physics (non-Calculus-based course, lecture and laboratory) OR Calculus-based course (one course, lecture and laboratory)
- Chemistry (one course, lecture and laboratory)
- Psychology (one lecture course)
- EITHER Human Growth and Development (one lecture course) OR Abnormal Psychology (one lecture course)
- Biology (one course, lecture and laboratory)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (lecture course[s] -see details below)
The Human Anatomy and Physiology requirement must be completed as either Path A or Path B:
- Path A: If you enroll in Human Anatomy and Physiology as a combined course, you must complete both Part I (equivalent to at least 3 semester credits) and Part II (equivalent to at least 3 semester credits) for a total of at least 6 semester credits. The combination of Part I and II courses is typically completed in two semesters).
- Path B: If you enroll in separate Human Anatomy (equivalent to at least 3 semester credits) and Human Physiology (equivalent to at least 3 semester credits), you must complete each course for a combined total of least 6 semester credits. The combination of separate Human Anatomy and Human Physiology courses may be completed in one or two semesters).
Recommended (but not required) Content in Human Anatomy and Physiology Courses:
It is recommended that the aggregate total of all content covered in the Human Anatomy and Human Physiology courses includes the 10 human organ systems which are:
- Bone and Joint
- Heart, Blood and Lymph
- Digestive (including bowel and bladder)
- Renal (Kidney and Electrolyte Balance)
- Hormone (Endocrine)
Recommended (but not required) Laboratory:
Although a laboratory is not required, it would be a plus for students to have completed a Human Anatomy and Physiology course that includes a laboratory.
Students will be required to have certain immunizations prior to matriculating into the program. Additional general requirements may be imposed by the MSPO program and the graduate school of the Georgia Institute of Technology .